This is the audio version of the blogpost you can find at AllThingsVocal.com.
Today I interview Michael Arterberry - motivational speaker, author and youth mentor.
This podcast is now playing at iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn Radio, Stitcher, Spotify, Android apps Subscribe and don't miss an episode... and please leave a review where you like to listen! REVIEWS ARE MUCH NEEDED and APPRECIATED!
If you want the best vocal training proven to maximize vocal ability and conquer strain, try Power, Path and Performance vocal training, available at www.JudyRodman.com in vocal lessons and on CD courses.
Subjects covered in this episode include:
- Michael’s backstory.
- Michael’s powerful parable of the Donkey in the Hole.
- We get the why behind Michael’s tagline ‘be encouraged’ and his challenge to ‘shake the dirt’.
- Michael’s understanding of faith and how it affects his life and work.
- How Michael works to encourage and empower kids.
- The importance of changing the systems around dysfunction.
- The power of reflection to go forward in times of frightening change (like this Covid era).
- Mentors & teachers that helped Michael; the importance of being one.
- How side interests & diversity create the well-rounded life.
- Funny stories, serious success stories
- The mind/body/voice connection.
Michael is a public speaker, author and mentor with a non-profit devoted to working with youth. Childhood dysfuntion and spinal surgery have only served to inform and shape his life's work... successfully and deeply motivating and encouraging others. As he states in his website,
As a Motivational Speaker, my life is dedicated to moving people from an uneasy time in their lives to a place of peace. I don’t change their circumstances, but I help change their perspective. - Michael Arterberry
His many career achievements include:
- 2010 USA Network’s Characters Unite Award for exceptional commitment to combating prejudice and discrimination while increasing tolerance and acceptance within the community,
- 2014 100 Men of Color Award for leadership in education, government, mentorship, entrepreneurial success and community service,
- 2016 Educator of the year award from Y-Cop in Mount Vernon, NY. as well as a proclamation from the Mayor, Certificate of Merit from the Board of Legislators, and a Citation from the Mount Vernon City Council.
Find him on the web: