This is the audio version of the blogpost you can find at AllThingsVocal.com.
Today's topic is Dissonance. Listen to this podcast episode to learn how we can turn uncomfortable, unsettling and fearful dissonance into an energy that moves us forward musically, vocally and culturally.
This podcast is now playing at iTunes , Google Play, TuneIn Radio, . Subscribe and don't miss an episode... and please leave a review where you like to listen! REVIEWS ARE MUCH NEEDED and APPRECIATED!
Subjects covered in this episode include:
- A-tonal music
- Dissonance as a lyric writing tactic
- Dissonance as a production tactic
- Dissonance in the music business
- Dissonance in voice and vocal training
- Dropped technique
- Physical dissonance
- Relational dissonance
- Cognitive dissonance
- Historical dissonance
- How to use dissonance to move forward
Links mentioned in this podcast include: