This is the audio version of the blogpost you can find at AllThingsVocal.com.
Today's topic is a study of the voice of Chris Stapleton. Listen to this podcast episode to discover lessons singers can learn from this iconicly successful voice.
Subscribe to this podcast at iTunes and don't miss an episode... and please leave a review there, too! REVIEWS ARE MUCH APPRECIATED!
Subjects covered in this episode include
- Maintaining flexibly tall posture
- Lightening middle voice mix for rich, strain-free sound
- Pulling instead of pushing for power
- Drop technique for effect
- Find a great background singer
- Give the voice access to movement
- Support the ends of lines
- The importance of active facial language
- For increased power, back off pressure, add passion
- Avoiding vocal health perils of the road
- Don't be afraid to do it your way
- Make music that makes the world a better place.
Links mentioned in this podcast include: