Posted in Restoring Voice, Vocal Exercises, Vocal performance, Breath, Articulation, Pitch problems, vocal training, vocal strain, vocal improvement, Judy Rodman, vocal lessons, Stage Vocal Performance, High Notes, Pushed Breath, Vocal coach, All Things Vocal, singing scared, stage fright on Jul 17th, 2016 Comments
This is the audio version of the blogpost you can find at AllThingsVocal.com.
Today's topicis Singing Scared. Listen to this podcastepisode to understand why guarding the voice can actually cause vocal problems to get worse, and what to do instead.
Subscribe to thispodcast at iTunes and don't miss an episode... and please leave areview there, too! REVIEWS ARE MUCH APPRECIATED!
If you’d like helpwith vocal strain, vocal performance anxiety or any other vocal matter, try Power, Path and Performancevocal training, available at www.JudyRodman.com in vocal lessons and on CD courses.
Subjects covered in this episodeinclude:
- Diagnosing trigger events for scared singing
- How hormones activate the vocally counterproductive fight or flight response
- How this response causes loss of vocal ability
- The crisis of vocal confidence that follows
- Two keys for turning vocal fear into fearlessness
- Case studies
- Power, Path and Performance vocal training and how it can help
Linksmentioned in this podcast include:
- Stage Fright - What it is
- Raising and Lowering the Larynx - Should You?
- Adele's 2016 Grammy performance
- How My Damaged Voice Came Back